Thursday, May 14, 2009

May 13th! (belated)


So many beautiful posts on His birthday - on Bau's blog, Bhawana's blog, Komal's blog...bless you all.

While it is/was His birthday, the gift was mine.....I just returned from conducting the first ever Kriya in Gainesville, and i am much much happier than the participants were, whose smile indicated that they were very very happy indeed. 

Had the Kriya in a 'New-Age' church! Can't wait for the next kriya on the coming thursday.

Jai gurudev!

PS: Had to edit this one. Just had flashbacks of Guruji which I thought I  should share. On almost all my meetings with him, whenever i have taken sweets or any food for him, He has always blessed it and asked me to distribute it to the devotees. Now don't get me wrong, I appreciated that He has a huge devotee base and that He needs to take care of everyone, but there was this small voice hissing that maybe what i carried was not good enough for Him. Then one day, when Guruji looked at me asked me to distribute the gulab jamuns i had brought, I suddenly felt I understood why...My God, only the Guru can do this. Whatever He holds dearest, He gives to his devotees as a blessing! There is absolutely nothing he holds for himself other than our love for him, a love over which we have 'No Choice' in any case. Blessed is this creation, that it can witness His love!

10 comments:

komal said...

yes its because of His love we and the people around us are rendered choiceless.... beautiful post... according to Him everyday is and must be a celebration... JGD... and Happy Birthday to u as well u got a new beggining in a new place... JGD...

Anonymous said...

P.s!!! blew me away!!!

Random Reflections said...

lovely post Abhishek ! great that you conducted ur first kriya...Florida is waiting to rock in the YES+ grace :)

Jai Guru Dev

Faith Lasts said...

Jai Gurudev
WOW its feels so cool to think you took your first Kriya @ Gainsville already

And what a picture..ah I wish I could just go inside the picture somehow ;p

Unknown said...

@komal: thanks for the wishes! i hope that we have tons of courses this year

@apu: hey Guruji does that to all of us!

@RR: thanks a lot...hope the courses start happening soon

@Bhaw: this was taken at the arunachal ashram and i can assure you it was awesome

Millie said...

Jai Guru Dev!! Guruji love everyone! And we all love Guruji!
^__^

Video for Gurudev's B-Day! (So Sweet Sri Sri - Part 4: I am Yours!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKFR2ILD57Q

tanuja said...

Hey a really lovly post!! i also always wondered why Guruji would ask us to distribute what ever we got for him(dates, sweets) to everyone...i found the answer here.

I would love to share a small experiance:- My dad was set to the ashram a few months ago for seva and specially for Guruji's darshan.For the same mum , me n my sisters wanted to send something for Guruji and so with lots of love prepared some ladoo's with a hope that HE would like them....put it iin a small tiffin and sent it. i also had written a letter to guruji;) which dad had kept in the tiffin later..

In the Ashram, when dad fortunately got to meet Guruji..he offered him the ladoos...Guruji took the tiffin, opened it, looked inside and smiled, kept it on his lap and went away smiling back at dad.

believe me tht whole day i soo wished that Guruji tastes the ladoos that we made with sooo much of love for him, and he listened!!. he took not one but the whole tiffin....i was happier than the happiest!!! he is nothing but love, love and love...he listens to the smallest of our needs , wants...so that we are left with no choice but to be happy!

We have a special YES course on and gave these blessed ones the new kriya on HIS b'day!! it was truly special! love u Guruji..JGD:)

Unknown said...

@Millie: hey thanks a lot for the link

@tans: sweet sweet sweet :) u did the new Kriya! i'm J

Faith Lasts said...

@ Tanuja
WOW you write so well...start a blog na..I wanna read more storiessss

tanuja said...

@Bhav
Thankyou! i just wrote from the heart:)...shall start a blog soon...have some interesting stuff..jgd

ShareThis