Sunday, October 19, 2008

An adventure begins

Day 1 : You will never walk alone 

As they say, the defining moments in life are not one-off things, but are the climax of a journey that started earlier. Monday, October 14 2008 was one such defining moment for me – the day I set out for Itanagar to work for my Guru. Even waking up at 4.30 am seemed pleasant that day. I finished my packing and left at 7.10 from home. I called up as many of my relatives as I could on the way.

 Loaded with a ton of things, I was mentally thanking Ritu for having spoken to her friend who had waived off 40 kgs of my luggage. On the way, the momentousness of the journey I had begun caught up. I was off on the greatest adventure of my life till date, to work for my Guru! I called up atul chacha and dadi in the US for their blessings, omi bua, then ma and papa. They showered such abundant blessings. Then Guruji sent a reminder in His style. While I was speaking to mum and dad I looked out of my window and saw a pulsar standing next to the car. On its fuel tank, was a sticker which read “You will never walk alone.” I was so blissed.

 There was a bit of an adventure at the airport and the luggage was not waived off but that hardly seemed to matter as I boarded the aircraft. The spice jet flight flew via kolkata and I was in guwahati 1.45 pm. Gurujis grace was evident once again as Vinay, whom I had met during navaratri in the ashram was also on the flight and he dropped me in his car to the guwahati art of living center. I parked my luggage in a small and cosy teachers room built inside the center, had a light lunch and a short nap and had a nice evening walk by the brahmaputra in the evening. I left the center at 7, picked up some amazing cheese loaf and milk loaf from JBs, and reaced the bus depot. The driver, dilip amazed me with his questions on spirituality, enlightenment and Indian legends. We had a long and interesting drive and chat and he was looking forward to doing the next art of living course available. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the bus I was o take to itanagar was a fairly spacious Volvo. Boarding the bus I had my ‘dinner’ on the way and sipped into a happy long sleep , awaiting the next day. 

Day 2: Welcome to Itanagar 

Morning 6.20 am, as I opened my eyes, I was surrounded by beauty I had dreamt of. Lush green rolling hills on the roadside, clear skies. Beauty, so much of it. Then we reached a grand gate which read, “Welcome to Itanagar”. The rest of the adventure follows in the next post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wooowww.....

Anonymous said...

West Bengal, which is located in the eastern part of India, prides itself of a cultural heritage and legacy that dates back to the ancient of times. Kolkata, which is the capital of this land that has given India a number of great personalities, in spite of being a metro, still has a strong cultural essence. However, Kolkata has been very aptly able to manage its dual roles of being a hotels in Kolkata’ destination and at the same time business hotels in Kolkata. There is hardly any other metro in the country that has such a happy co existence of hardcore business and effervescent culture. No wonder therefore that the city is abundant in budget hotels in Kolkata as well as ITC hotels in Kolkata.

ShareThis