Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jogging Meri Jaan


Guruji, man mein khayaal bahut aate hain? Kam karne ke liye kya karein? (Guruji i think a lot. What may i do to resolve this?
A. Khayaal ate hain? Aisa karo roz 5 km daud lagao. Sab theek ho jayega (Jog 5k a day. All thoughts would vanish!)

My dil went baag baag. Ma kasam if i could have whistled, i would have made it a hoot to remember that day....Ah jogging, jogging is my favorite favorite exersise. I had started it back in 9th std (to lose weight), and had stopped in between, but this habit really took off in the 2nd year of engineering when i was striving to find a balance between brutal academics, hostel life and personal aspirations at IIT Delhi. While many of my friends took to smoking and alcohol for the same, i was looking for something better. Plus i realy really wanted to be in the IIT basketball team and my fitness levels were in violent opposition to this aspiration. 

As the saying goes, if you sleep with a problem, you wake up with the solution in your hands (double meaning intended, courtesy Sarin Suares from IIT). I have so many fond memories of the 5, sometimes 7 rounds, that i would take at the SDA ground next to the IIT campus. Jogging hard, followed by stretching and push ups, would be a liberating experience. Saare din ki tension would be expelled from my dimaag and i would feel so fresh and rested. I found jogging so effective that i started it in the evenings during exam days also, and it actually helped relieve anxiety and tension in those days. Of course, it could have never been so effective had i not learnt the Sudarshan Kriya, because the Kriya really established the rhythm in the breath.

Bangalore was not so friendly towards my jogging, as the high pollen count would make me sneeze frequently. But jogging 3ks downhill and uphill in the pristine mountain air in itanagar, with green hills bounding the road, is sheer bliss. Jogging completes the awesome experience that is gained from Surya Namaskars and Sudarshan Kriya.

Go ahead, try it out!

10 comments:

Faith Lasts said...

I know, nothing like jogging/running.
I am so passionate about it , I dream of running till I fly !
Oh but where do I jog here, Awh It sucks :'(

Unknown said...

hey delhi has lots of parks...but women need to jog before 6, because it is dilli after all

atmarati avirodhena said...

jai gurudev :)

nice post ..great to know we re having yes plus in the north east as well :)

Anonymous said...

hmm i love jogging too!! its the best! if i find myself down.. thats one thing that take off my mind!

komal said...

hmm so me also used to love jogging.. i mean back home also i used to jog in the mornings.. especially the wipro park and cubbon park..tried lalbagh once....sounds like ur having fun.....and ur right bangalore pollution would aggravate my sinuistis so i had 2 eventually stop jogging..and ive updated my blog wit a few posts taking a cue frm u.... see u soon..

tanuja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tanuja said...

hey im soo happy to see a post on fitness!! Jogging is my first love:)Excercise being my passion, jogging tops the list....it helps in stamina building, weight loss, and the best way 2 kick-start ur day...everyone must try this sport n see how positive n energetic life can get...

Unknown said...

hey thanks for the comments....another good thing about jogging, it clears the way for a hearty meal!

Abhay Karnataki said...

very nice. I jogged once here. roads aren't really the correct place. Will go to NGV Park may be.

Harsh said...

I agree. Nothing like jogging !

ShareThis