Friday, October 24, 2008

Rocking Rajiv Gandhi University

Hi, some delays in bloggin activities as i am presently put up in the Rajiv Gandhi university where i dont have an internet connection. So here are the latest happenings.

The Rajiv Gandhi university campus can be mistaken for a hill station resort. It is situated atop a small peak of the low lying Rono hillocks. I am here working towards hopefully the biggest youth course yet in Itanagar. The view all around the campus is gorgeous, As far as the eye can see there are green hillocks in every direction. The university has been very warm and gracious by offering me a stay in the special suite of their guest house, which has all amenities, including a TV, AC, sofas, double bed, dressing tables, study table and a view in 3 different directions. I landed here on Wednesday and met with the vice chancellor, Mr Belliappa, who has worked for 15 years with the Mysore university and then with Aatung, my friend and guide in the university. I have been traveling everyday to the town of Nahar Lagun, 15 kms away, to conduct knowledge sessions for my students from the last week’s course and it has been a blast so far. We conducted our first rounds of intro talks in the subansri and the lohit boys hostels yesterday and the response has been amazing. Most students wanted to enroll for the course. We have around 40 confirmations already. On Monday, I would approach the women’s hostel for intro talks and also start getting the forms filled and the money collected. The venue would be finalized on Monday for the course which shall be from Tuesday 28 oct, my birthday, to Sunday 2 November from 4-6.30 pm. Looking forward to a huge turnout. Will put up pics as soon as I get my camera. In the meantime, wishing you all happy blogging.


One thing i really enjoyed was conducting my first yes+ intro talk in hindi. Could not really translate ability to focus and relax and ability to handle doubts completely, as this may have killed off the effect somewhat. But you are welcome to offer suggestions for hindi points.

Another thing I immensely enjoy about the university, I get to jog down and up the 2.5 km hill atop which the university is situated every morning, and man, this is an experience to be had J

6 comments:

Faith Lasts said...

Wow Those are some lucky students of the University.!
And glad you getting nice views.
Great going with the courses
My best wishes for your endeavor
Jai Gurudev

Unknown said...

thanks a ton bhawana

Anonymous said...

wow!! Great job!!

All the best!

And happy diwali! have a blast ;)

my bro's bday is on 28th too anyways advance birthday wishes!

Unknown said...

tanks there aparnata

Unknown said...

Bhai keep rocking:) u r my inspiration :):)

Abhay Karnataki said...

very Good Abhishek!

hmmm Hindi talk... haven't thought about it.. Ekagrata aur vishram !? Shanka yen!? !! would be quite different!

ShareThis